My first attempt at a blog. I've realised that my facebook witterings are becoming too much and are just the indication of the frustrated blogger in me.
Who knows how many posts I'll make and what effect will it have upon my various facebook utterings.
I've entitled it 'The Avenues Of Glory' as this refers to a Bible passage that I've spent much of the last few months dwelling on.
It is Isaiah 40:3-5 and it reads as follows:
3A voice of one calling:
“In the wilderness prepare
the way for the Lord# ;
make straight in the desert
a highway for our God.#
4Every valley shall be raised up,
every mountain and hill made low;
the rough ground shall become level,
the rugged places a plain.
5And the glory of the Lord will be revealed,
and all people will see it together.
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”
For me, it's a passage that talks about God's glory being displayed in our lives no matter what would seek to stop that from happening.
I recently spoke on it at our church and while I feel that I did a good job expressing what God had shown me in these words it remains something that I need to continue to live out.
So perhaps this blog will be about just that:
Pursuing the glory of God no matter what would seek to lay us low; stand in opposition; drag us off the good path; or cause us to stumble.
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt's an important and timely word. Look forward to hearing more.
ReplyDeleteI'll try again to write what I felt prompted to write this morning, but it didn't publish.
ReplyDeleteYour great grandfather was part of a team of people who built a chapel in Capel Hendre - a grand chapel with an gallery because so many were coming to Christ then in Wales. John and I had the privilege to build a church in the south of PerĂº, and in God's grace that church has grown into much more than we initially envisaged. Your own mother and father have built up churches wherever they have gone - perhaps not with bricks and mortar but by ministering and enabling people through their pastoring and preaching. You and Jen are clearly involved in the Father's business as is Matthew down in Cardiff, and I feel that the Lord blessed my grandparents' - your great grandparents'- prayers, as the Bible said "from generation to generation'. It just shows how important it is to pray for our children and their children's children. Bless you with this blog and your reading (Because I've already read tomorrow's!!)
Wow Jen. That's amazing. Thank you so much for posting.
DeleteWas that your Mum's Dad or Dad's Dad?
Delete